Monday, October 28, 2013

Around The House -- for Joy's Life

Happy Monday, my crafty friends.  I'm coming off a weekend of spending time with 2 good friends and their 4-legged furkids.  It was great, but I'm very tired! Back to work with very little energy.
This week, the Joy's Life design team is featuring projects with the theme "Around the House".  I have to tell you, the first thing that came to mind for me was how much cleaning could be done around my house!  Maybe if I stayed home and didn't craft all the time when I WAS home.  Oh well! It just gets dusty again anyway.
So, after much hemming and hawing, stumbling and bumbling, I decided I wanted to make a little something for the end table by our couch in the living room. I found a cutting file for an acorn box -- a perfect Fall decoration that I could cut out on my Silhouette -- and I went with that.
 
 
I used the Joy's Life Stamp Set "It's All Fall Puns" for the sentiment on my acorn shaped box.

 
Here's a close up of the sentiment:
 
 
The box is an SVG file from My Scrap Chick. The leaves were cut out with a Tim Holtz die and painted with Creative Inspirations Paint.  A piece of Trendy Twine in Totally White is tied in a bow on the stem. The tag shape was cut with a Spellbinders die.  The papers are some retired Halloween papers from Close To My Heart.
I'll leave you with one more view of the box...
 

And, that's it for today.  Have a great week.  I'll be posting again on Wednesday for Get Inky! Stamps and again on Thursday for Creative Inspirations Paint.  I hope to "see" you again then. 
 
 



1 comment: