Monday, October 7, 2013

Ombre. Ombre? Yeah, Ombre - for Joy's Life

When I first heard this word used in scrapbooking/cardmaking/paper  crafting circles, I thought it was being used incorrectly.  Surely they were talking a Mexican food?  Or a place to visit?  A card game?  The definition of ombre is the French word for color that is shaded or graduated in tone.
I had a few ideas of how I wanted to accomplish the ombre technique, but after much thought, decided on accomplishing it this way:
 

I used various cardstock colors, shading from light to dark, for the ombre look.
The sentiment is stamped on Kraft paper, and is from the Joy's
   Life stamp set, "It's All Fall Puns" has so many great sentiments for Fall.  You can find it, and all of Joy's wonderful stamps, here in her store.
 
 
I made this card large enough to fit in a business size envelope, so there's lots of card to work with. The "Autumn" and "Autumn" shadow are an SVG file from The Cutting Café.  The shadow paper is from Imaginisce.  The card base is from Close To My Heart (Vineyard Berry).  All the letters are cut from American Crafts Autumn cardstock. The leaves are from the SVG file for the Autumn card that I sized at various sizes.  I used twine from both Trendy Twine and Timeless Twine.
You'll see other great ombre technique from the rest of the Joy's Life design team this week, so please stop by that blog and check it out each day this week.  We love visitors! 

 

6 comments:

  1. such rich colors, this is beautiful Julie!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this julie, and really love how you changed the letters.....gotta upload to the cafe site....thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card! I love the colors and those little bows are the perfect touch!

    Stacey
    DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Autumn ....the most favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete