Monday, October 13, 2014

Halloween Treat Bag -- for Timeless Twine

If you've been visiting my blog at all, you know I've been busy making Halloween cards for the residents in the nursing home where I work.  Today, I made a project for a lady who is blind, so I took a bit of a different approach.
I'm posting today on the Timeless Twine blog, and I thought twine would be the perfect texture for her.  She loves tactile things.  Twine is a wonderful thing to touch and stroke and hang on to. This particular lady also loves her chocolate, so I think this will work just fine:


I used Orange Licorice Timeless Twine to wrap around the handle, and on the bow.
There's also Halloween sequins to add some more texture to this bag.


The pumpkin bag is a cutting file from The Cutting Cafe. I cut it out on my Silhouette Cameo. I used card stock from Close To My Heart. I'm going to fill it with a variety of chocolates for my sweet nursing home friend. 

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Cut It Up Challenges -- Halloween (Anything But a Card)
Craftin' Desert Divas - Craft It Up and Link It Up Linky Party - Halloween


10 comments:

  1. AWE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR BAG...WASN'T IT EASY TO PUT TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute love the twine on the handle and the little extra bling hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. She'll love the texture on that handle, and will have fun finding all the little sequins. Very thoughtful!

    Thank you for joining us for our Halloween - Anything but a Card challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest pumpkin bag! Your nursing home resident will love to touch all the textures on it! (And, she'll love the chocolates inside, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun presentation idea! Thanks for joining us on the Creative Cutting Challenge!

    Jan
    CCC DT
    http://izbzee.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us for our Halloween - Anything but a Card challenge at Cut it Up! great fun project Hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project for your resident at the nursing home! The textures are perfect for her xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet gesture...making this cutie for someone to feel instead of see! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge this time around.
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet gift.. Thanks for sharing this with us girls over at Craftin Desert Divas
    Nanné DTM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute and fun !!! I love the twine around the handle !! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete