Wednesday, May 6, 2015

You're the Balm! for The Cutting Cafe

There's quite a few pictures with today's post, so bear with me! This week, at The Cutting Cafe, we're using The Cutting Cafe's Printable Stamps and/or papers, and anything recycled, repurposed, or upcycled.  Oooh, sounds like a fun challenge, doesn't it? 
Here's the first view of my recycled project, then I'll tell you a bit about it:
I made these tags out of a cereal box.  Cereal boxes make the best chipboard!
You will need:
that cereal box to give some sturdiness to your tag, digital papers from The Cutting Cafe. I used the Chevron Fall Background Printables, The Colored Mini Polk A Dot Background Set, the Christmas Chevrons Printable Set, and Friends background printable stamp. After I die cut the tag out of both chipboard (cereal box) and printable paper, I used my Silhouette to cut out the flowers.  They are the 5 Petal Layered Flower, found at The Cutting Cafe.
Below, is a picture of everything cut out, but not yet assembled.
 I am using these lip balm tags as table decorations at an upcoming girls gathering.  We all take turns cooking for our multi-day event.  I'm not much of a cook, so I'll add a little fun to my meal with some cute gifts for them set at each place.



Next time you are done with the cereal box, don't throw it! Re-purpose it instead!  It really is wonderful chipboard.
Visit the Cutting Cafe's blog on May 7 for more fun inspiration and recycled projects from this very talented design team.  Leave a comment on the blog, and you could win 3 sets of your choosing from The Cutting Cafe store

5 comments:

  1. Love this idea Julie!!! I have used the cereal boxes before, but always forget to save them! Gonna have to tell everyone in my family.....save the boxes! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is this Julie...I love them....this lip balms are all the rage these days...cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute and fun idea!! LOVE it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so fun & CUTE!!!! Have a great day! :)


    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinking fun and very creative!

    ReplyDelete