Monday, August 15, 2016

Happy Birthday with Confidence -- for Path of Positivity

It's time for some mid-month inspiration on the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog.  This month's theme is 'confidence'.

We have 2 sponsors this month -- Ike's Art and Scribbles Designs.  For this challenge, I am working with a design from Ike's Art.


This birthday card uses an Ike's Art image called 'Blue Tit 1'.  Blue Tits are European birds, and I live in the US, so I had to do a bit of research to see what they look like.  This is my interpretation, colored with Copic markers.

Papers on this card are from Studio Calico.  I cut out the scalloped easel card on my Silhouette Cameo with a file from the Silhouette Design Store.  The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from Close To My Heart.

Confidence -- little birds have it.  They take on big birds with a vengeance, chasing them out of their territory, chasing them away from their young.  I also think it takes an incredible amount of confidence to step out of that nest for the first flight.  I've always been a great admirer of birds.

I hope you find time to join us this month at Path of Positivity Challenge Blog, where the theme is 'confidence'.  I'd love to see your take on the theme, and there are great prizes to win!

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful - super colouring and a very lovely card shape. Thank you so much for using one of my images and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you :-D

    I LUV you Blog design :-) xx

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I'm with you, birds are amazing creatures. I'm always amazed at how they can survive storms!

    ReplyDelete